AUDITION DATE: TBA - There are no audition dates scheduled at this time.
Applicants will need to fill out an online application.
Click Here to apply for CAPAA Audition.
Once the online application has been submitted, you will be contacted by the Arts Center to schedule a day and time.
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS BY AREA OF INTEREST:
- A student may audition in the area of strings on violin, viola, cello or bass.
- Each student should prepare two short pieces of contrasting styles or one piece that shows more than one style.
- These prepared pieces should demonstrate the student’s best performance qualities.
- Memorization of the music is optional.
- Bring a prepared major scale of your choice.
- Sight reading will also be a part of the audition.
We are seeking students who are interested in the duties of stage technicians and their contribution to the total aesthetic effect of a dramatic production. Students will interview for admission.
Interviews for the Technical Theater track play to a student’s strengths. Technical Theater applicants may choose from ONE of the following options for their interview:
- Option A: Portfolio Review
- Include pictures of construction/pre-production work and any photos of the finished show or product.
- Include any paperwork, sketches, renderings, models, etc. that you think show your BEST work.
- Interview questions to respond to in the interview:
- Students who do not have a background in stagecraft or theater design should prepare a typed statement explaining why they would like to become a part of our program.
- Applicants should be prepared for a question and answer session that will focus on their interest in becoming a part of CAPAA.
- Two audition songs, one ballad and one uptempo that show range and dynamics
- A monologue that shows your ability to create a believable character
- Movement: Suggested dance practice clothes: girls - leotard and tights; boys – solid color pants and t-shirt. Both may wear either ballet or jazz shoes or go barefoot (NO SOCKS). Hair must be pulled back and securely fastened for girls.You will be asked to repeat a combination of a modern and jazz dance sequence taught by an instructor. No experience is necessary. Aptitude for movement is what we are looking for.
In preparation for your audition:
- Prepare any music, writing, monologue that is required for your audition.
- Read through the audition requirements for your arts area to make sure you know what they are going to ask you to do!
- Practice what you plan to do at your audition in front of as many people as you can. The more times you practice your audition, the less nervous you will be at the audition!!
On the day of your audition:
- Please bring any prepared materials with you. For musical theatre, please bring your music on an ipod, or iPad or bring an accompanist.
- Arrive at least 10-15 minutes before your audition so that you can check in.
- At checkin there will be a holding room in order to warm up.
- Make sure you take a bathroom break before your audition!
During your audition:
- Introduce yourself and the areas for which you are auditioning.
- An audition committee will score your audition. There will be at least three (3) arts professionals in the room with you.
- You will be asked to do several things during your audition. Be sure to ask questions if you do not understand what is being asked of you.
- Have fun and do your best!
After your audition is over:
- Audition results will be mailed to you within two weeks of your audition. At that time you will know whether or not you have been offered a placement to CAPAA.
- If you are offered a placement to CAPAA, you may proceed to the REGISTRATION page.
- If you are not offered a placement to CAPAA, don't give up! Please keep enjoying your arts area and audition again next year.